Club president went over minutes from the meeting held in January 2019.
Club president shared the current financial status:
Current balance: $1497.00
Due to a poor turnout for the CCORS race at Henderson Pond, the club just about broke even.
Paid out for the CCCORS event:
- $329 port-a-potties
- $40 trail markings
Hope for the Warriors
On April 6th, 2019 several members of DEC assisted with the adaptive cyclists. It was a great event.
MOU with MCCS
The president outlined the MOU that the club has with MCCS. Basically, since the club takes care of Henderson Pond maintenance, they are compelled to assist us with any events we may have on base.
Onslow County MTB Park
We are still in the very early stage of starting a new MTB trail around the Pony Farm road area. Consisting of over 500 acres of land and the county’s wiliness to work with DEC makes this one of the best deals for cyclist and the county.
The club has plans for several road events this year:
- Gran Fondo beginning of June. The cost will be $10 to help defray the costs of food, GUs, water, etc. POC is Steve Clark
- There are talks about a road trip to Myrtle Beach this summer to spend a weekend riding different roads.
- Tour De Blueberry Ride- Every year DEC sends a contingent of cyclists to the Blueberry Festival metric century in Burgaw. This is a non-competitive bicycling event and all routes are on country roads with light traffic. The date is Saturday, June 15, 2019 starting at Burgaw Middle School, 500 S. Wright Street, Burgaw. Got to http://www.ncblueberryfestival.com/festival-events/tour-de-blueberry/ to sign up.
- There has been some interest in hosting a time trial on base. POC is Ryan Brady
- Patriot 100: Like last year we are going to continue to have a century ride on base on the weekend of Veteran’s Day/Marine Corps Birthday. The route will be on Camp Lejeune. Hopefully this year we can get MCCS support and open the ride to more participants.
The club adopted a new logo. Thank you to Monica Brady for designing it.
Meeting ended at approximately 7:40 pm.